Women’s obsession to beauty will never fade. Majority of the women will definitely agree in the idea that beauty is an important aspect of their humanity. Beauty is one of the essences of becoming a woman. Because of this, plastic surgery becomes the primary procedure that women take to address their obsession. Plastic surgery is now considered as the fastest and easiest way to improve and transform women’s physical appearances.
What Is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery is an effective medical procedure for the restoration, repair or reconstruction of any misshaped, defective, or injured body parts and functions. In the simplest sense, plastic surgery is a way to improve someone’s appearance. This procedure is of different types; it could be reconstructive surgery, cosmetic surgery, microsurgery and hand surgery. Of these types, reconstructive and cosmetic surgeries are the most common for the people.
To have an idea about these two major types of plastic surgery, let us have a short definition of each.
• Reconstructive Surgery – This type of plastic surgery is a procedure for correcting any impaired physical features caused by any physical abnormalities from diseases, traumas, burns, birth defects, etc.
• Cosmetic Surgery – As the reconstructive type is for correcting, this type of plastic surgery is performed for the enhancement or improvement of the physical features through surgical methods.
Why People Undergo Plastic Surgery?
While most of the people think that the main purpose of undergoing a plastic surgery is to address someone’s obsession to beauty, there are also some reasons of performing this.
1. To reconstruct any deformities and any defects due to an accident or illness. Plastic surgery can help in repairing any birth defects especially for the children having cleft palate and others. In cases where any deformities in the appearance of a person who suffered from an illness or an accident, plastic surgery may also help.
2. To develop the person’s self-esteem. People, especially women, who do not have the confidence and are not proud of their looks, plastic surgery is becomes their number one solution to these problems. By undergoing plastic surgery, the people’s unwanted looks can transform to their desirable appearances. Plastic surgery can automatically change the perspective of someone to herself and at the same time maintain the self-esteem. Most of the time, after performing plastic surgery and realizing the outcome, women become satisfied and proud.
3. To maintain a healthy life style. People who are obese will probably decide to undergo the most suitable plastic surgery procedure. This always happens especially when proper diet and exercise are no longer effective in someone’s obesity. For today, there are new procedures for an easier and quicker loosing of fats and at the same time reducing weight.
How Much Does A Plastic Surgery Costs?
The cost of a plastic surgery depends on many factors. One of these factors is the location of the hospital where the procedure will be conducted. Every country has its own range of prices of a plastic surgery. Another factor is on the specific kind of plastic surgery necessary for the patient’s case. There are many procedures as far as plastic surgery is concerned. Below is a list of the most common procedures with their corresponding average prices as provided by the reports.
1. Arm Lift or Brachioplasty – Its average cost usually ranges between $5000 and $6500.
2. Blue Peel – This procedure of plastic surgery has a cost of $500 to $700.
3. Botox – The average price for this procedure is from $200 to $400 per part or area.
4. Breast Lift – This cost $5000- $6500 (average).
5. Breast Augmentation (saline and silicone) – These have average costs of $5000-6000 and $6000-8000 respectively.
6. Implants (for cheek or chin) – The cost’s range is $3000- $4500 (average) for every session of plastic surgery.
7. Face lift – This plastic surgery method costs $7000 t0 $9000.
8. Liposuction – The cost of liposuction depends on how many areas will the plastic surgery includes. An area costs $2500-4500, 3 areas price is $5500-7000 while 5 areas usually costs $8000-10000.
Facts about plastic surgery
These are some facts about plastic surgery that can provide a brief background. Check these out!
– There are almost 11.7 million of plastic surgery (cosmetic) procedures that were performed in the United States since 2007.
– Women actually are considered obsessed in plastic surgery. They take part of the 91% of the whole population of plastic surgery patients.
– The top procedures undergone by most of the women include breast augmentation, liposuction, breast reduction, abdominoplasty and eyelid surgery.
– Men also undergo different procedures of plastic surgery such as liposuction, breast reduction (Yes, men do this also), eyelid surgery, hair transplant and Rhinoplasty.
– By observing the people in a mall or supermarket, there are a lot of them who view magazines (tabloid) regarding the Hollywood celebrities who undergone plastic surgery.